Thursday, January 19, 2017

Let's Get Started!

Hello everyone, and welcome to Productivity Hacker. I mostly designed this blog to write being more productive using the Getting Things Done system by David Allen. Eight years ago, I discovered David Allen's incredible book and I have been hooked ever since. During this time I also had just purchased an android smartphone and I was learning about the magical world of Android apps and all the cool and interesting things you can do with them. I also discovered Evernote and found it to be very useful for my needs because I could collect content from all over the Internet and organize it. I really loved Evernote and all of its features, but I found that over time, I was struggling to stay within the free account limit. I realized that there was no realistic way that I was going to be able to collect all the content I needed without having to purchase a professional account. Seeing as I was a poor college student at the time, this was just not going to happen. So I started to hunt for alternatives to Evernote, but at the time the options out there were pretty sparse and limited. After many years of research and trial and error, I was finally able to find a workflow that works for me. The results of that search, and all the knowledge that I learned along the way, has inspired me to start this blog. I have a lot of tips, tricks and shortcuts for some of your favorite productivity apps to share with you as well as some custom workflows using 3rd party apps like IFTTT, productivity app reviews, and tutorials to help you get started. So please feel free to take a look around and see what interests you. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions for upcoming blog posts please let me know, and I will be happy to take a look at them for you. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment